Not all motels have stairs or workout facilities, so at times you may have to resort to working out in your motel room. Here are the Top 5 exercise you can do in your motel room.
- Wall sits-sit on the wall and see how long you can hold out for (time it). Lower yourself down as far as you feel comfortable (don’t go below parallel) and be sure that you have stepped far enough out so your knees aren’t over your toes. Do 2-4 sets.
- Sumo Squats-take a little wider than shoulder width stance, and squat down as far as you can (don’t go below parallel) and hold it. Once again, make sure that your knees aren’t over your toes. If they are, try to concentrate on dropping your butt straight down as you lower yourself and not forward. Do 2-4 sets.
- Push-ups-push-ups are one of the best upper body exercises you can do. There are three types of push-ups so anyone can do them. You can do wall push-ups, knees down push-ups and knees up push-ups. If you have wrist or shoulder problems, try bringing a set of perfect push-ups with you.
- Front or side plank-The front and side plank are among the best and safest ab exercises you can do. For a side plank (which is harder than the front plank) you prop yourself up on your side with your elbow and the side of your foot. If your shoulders are weak, you may feel them when doing a side plank. Stop if you feel it more in your shoulders than your abs. The front plank is easier on the shoulders, lie flat on the floor and prop yourself up on your elbows and toes. Keep your butt down, you want your body to be a straight line.
- Marching or jogging in place-2-5 minutes of marching or jogging in place is a great way to either warm up for resistance exercises or get in a little cardio. If you’re looking to get in some cardio, try marching or jogging in place for 1-5 minutes, rest for 1-2 minutes and repeat for 2-5 sets.
There you have it, no excuses, even if the hotel you are at doesn’t have any fitness equipment, you can still exercise and reap the benefits of it